My travel destinations over the last year

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited countries map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lijiang, China

After saying goodbye to my new Canadian friend (who bless her, thought I was 26!) and promising to meet up in Nepal for the Nepali New Year mid-April, I hopped on the bus heading for Lijiang.  The ride was quite scenic but very dusty and bumpy and 4 hours later we thankfully arrived.  After settling into my very hard to find hostel I set out to stretch my legs and explore town. 

Streets of Lijiang

Lijiang was a very scenic village filled with a maze of cobblestone streets.  If you weren’t paying attention you’d find yourself lost but eventually all roads led back to the center of town.  So far this was the most touristy spot I had been in China.  Outside of China I was use to the term tourist referring to “western tourists” but here the town was completely overrun by domestic tourists!  The Chinese are beginning to have more and more disposable income so it’s quite common for them to hop on tour buses to see the sights of their country.

Lijiang at dusk

No comments:

Post a Comment