My travel destinations over the last year

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited countries map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

3 flights and 28 hours later …

I have finally arrived in Koh Samui :)


And it is crazy hot (see below "feels like 113 degrees")!!!


Earlier, while waiting for my connecting flight at the airport in Phuket, Thailand I decided to take local currency out of the ATM.  I approached a row of about 7 ATM machines and feeling a little overwhelmed, chose the one that seemed most respectable - The Bank of Bangkok.  The ATM machine took my card and I asked to withdrawal 3000 baht (about $100) and just as it was making the sound like it was getting ready to give me the cash the electricity in the entire airport went out.  A moment later the power came back on, the ATM machine spit my card out, but right after that the machine stopped working – no money.  I had a feeling that they charged me for the money I never received so I went online to check my bank balance sure enough, there was a debit for $93.65 … On the positive side at least the ATM machine gave me back my card.

15 comments:

  1. I don't know if I am doing this right for you to get this, but we are following you Jamie. - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I love traveling in foreign countries, always an adventure. I pulled money out of the same airport with the same feeling...which ATM to chose? I think I chose the same one...was it purple?
    :)
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness your card came back. Take care mija. Your are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Keep me posted.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks about the ATM....

    Glad you made it OK :)

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. You actually got me to follow a blog - next thing you know we'll be friends on space book :) looks like so much fun - love the heat, love the crazy atms, except for the taking your money (which is a lot there!) off to a great and crazy start! - shara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy every minute! How do you like Samui's airport? Nice, heh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeepers - Glad you made it A-Ok. Can't imagine being in route for 28 hours. Feels like 113...yikes! I hope they have plenty of air conditioning. Also...your blog looks great - love the pictures. HAPPY EARTH DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i forgot to warn you about the atm's..just kidding..make sure you settle in bophut beach..(north side of island)..close to action but tranquil and affordable..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you made it there safe...I was on edge about it but now that you're grounded, the adventure will begin. Have you met any interesting people yet? Be Safe! Love, Beej

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you're safe on the ground! Love your blog page too! Bummer about the atm machine. Miss you already sis. Be Safe! Bec

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi chica, it's so exciting to travel to places far away from home. Thanks for sending me the link :o) Can't wait to hear more from you...
    Afsoun

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, I am thrilled you are there and already into an adventure! I love your spunk! It will be such fun following your escapades. Every time I read your blog will be a JAMIEBRATION!!
    love
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific reporting; I feel like I am sharing your experience. Best Wishes
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  14. 4 am....that's very good jamie.....I'm impressed

    John

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jamie girl... my parents were in KL over a year ago and they loved it. I got Malaysia under radar for xmas... I am thinking of Borneo, Langkawi or Tioman island...
    hugz

    ReplyDelete